Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy World Card Making Day


I know the day is over here, but I'm sure others are still celebrating, somewhere :-)
You would think that on WCMD I would be in my craft room all day making cards out of the ying yang. But of course that is not the case. Family time comes first for me, and we spent tons of it today. We went to the local park downtown to feed all the hungry squirrels. Madison just loves to feed them, she'll sit there forever to get them to take the peanuts out of her hand. And today we even had one little eager squirrel that grabbed the peanut with his mouth and was grabbing our fingers to keep himself steady :-) Too cute! Too bad we didn't bring our camera.
So I did get a little bit of crafting time tonight and I broke open some pre-made cards from Making Memories. One is a pocket card and the other is a matchbook. I really like the way they turned out. I used one of my fav SU sets called pretty princess.
I wrapped a ribbon around the outside of the card that has a bit of a sheer to the middle. And on the card is a printed line that has some polka dots on it, so they show right through the ribbon, how cute.
On the second card I used all the same stamps and ribbon. These were super quick and easy to make, I'll definately do more of these in the future.
Well hope everyone had a great WCMD and made lots of great cards.
Happy Stamping!
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun fall Saturday! You gotta get those moments in 'cuz they grow up way too fast! :D

    Love the matchbook card idea! I had never seen it before, I learned something new today! Cool! :D

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just too cute. Gread job love the pink.

    Julanne

    ReplyDelete