Monday, October 6, 2008

Birthday Magnolias


My husband had the nerve to ask me to go out and buy a birthday card for his step-mother the other day. So what was my response..."Can't I make one!!"
I had some really awesome dimensional floral stickers from K&Company and wanted to make a card with them, so I paired it with a Tilda stamp that I bought from the Towne Scrapper in Petrolia, ON. Still not sure what she has in her hands so I decided to cover it up with a flower sticker. I swear I'm going to go online and figure out what it is tonight :-) I coloured her in with my prismacolour markers and added some glitter to her crown. I always forget to add stickles to their wings.

So then I wanted to do some more and here's what I came up with. These Tilda's were from a blog candy that I had won. I just love her.

I started by colouring the image and then picked the paper after. I found this awesome paper that matched perfectly but it was christmas, so what did I do but cover up the christmas parts with more paper punched with my SU circle punch. I was going to add a scallop with a stamp in the middle but it just didn't work out, I might add something else later.


Oh yah, when I went to the mailbox today I had an envelope from one of my awesome SBS22 sisters Becky. She had read on my blog that I loved Hedgies and would really love to get my hands on some of the older SU Hedgies. Well what's just as good as that...some stamped images of them. Wowee, she sent me all of them...halloween, christmas and just because.

THANK YOU SO MUCH BECKY!!

Happy Stamping!
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Great cards, Sarah! I love your creativity in transforming the Christmas paper; I probably would never have thought to do that, but now maybe I will!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome!! I hope you enjoy them and you always know where to get more when those images are gone!! Love the Bella cards..you are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete