Monday, May 21, 2012

Back to Colouring




Okay so I haven't been doing too many cards lately and especially with coloured images.  But I got some new toys on the weekend and couldn't wait to break them in.  I used to colour with Prismacolor art markers and have been checking out all the stuff on the internet about the new Spectrum Noir markers.  
So guess what I found and got a really great deal on!  Yip, yippee!  I got the all four sets of 24 (Pastels, Lights, Darks and Brights) and then all twelve sets of 6 - yes you got it - all 168 colours are mine!  All are double ended alcohol ink markers that are great for colouring and shading and get this...way cheaper than Copics.  

Now you must be thinking - if I got all brand new markers than what is going to happen with all my prismacolor markers??  Well you know who has been chomping at the bit and finally got her little hands on them.  We did go through and weed out alot of colours that she didn't think she would use and ended up with a couple less than 60.  What 10 year old do you know has 60 art markers for scrapbooking!!
 
Here's a close up of my first attempt with my new markers.  I was a little overwhelmed with all the colours so please don't laugh at my choices.  I have since printed off the colour chart from online and filled it all in so I can see everything I have - still overwhelming!




I really love the way that it turned out though.  I used my new doily border punch and some of my rhinestones that I got (huge bucket of rhinestones).  I also added a crochet flower that I made myself and stained with distress ink.  Stay tuned for more!!



Happy Papercrafting!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment