Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Color Me Scrappy - Challenge #3

 Welcome to Challenge #3 over at Color Me Scrappy.  I really loved this color palette, it was definitely a  Boy Page opportunity.  And I immediately thought of a shirt that my son had worn when he was little.  How great is that, you see a color palette and know what photo right away.



I chose some paper that had been in my stash for quite a while, from a scrapbook store garage sale.  There were around 5 pages of co-ordinating patterned paper, I chose three of them.  I also used a rub on from Stamping Up!  And some letter tiles from K&Company - it was actually a box that I had from Costco for ages and never opened it, was actually thinking of selling it and then opened it and realized the goldmine that was inside.








I also tried something new on this layout that I had seen on you-tube.  Sorry I don't remember whose video it was but they were adding texture to their layout with glitter snow, yes glitter snow like I used to use when I painted ceramic (long time ago in a far away land - before kids).  Of course I still had some and the one that I have has little pieces of mica glitter which gave a really cool effect.
 Head on over the Color Me Scrappy and check out the prize package for this challenge, you have two weeks to make a layout and link it in to be in the draw.  Don't miss out!!

Happy Papercraftering!
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such a sweet comment on my CMS Challenge entry on my blog! I love the way that you used the circles on yours to encompass the name.

    ReplyDelete