Sunday, May 20, 2012

In Loving Memory

 I'm sure some of you noticed that I have been MIA for a bit.  Well unfortunately we had a very sad moment in our family.  My grandfather passed away two weeks ago while battling Alzheimers.  I can't say much without getting too emotional but am proud to say that he was surrounded by his whole family as we all made it to Barrie in time to say our goodbye's,

My grandfather was a very wonderful man and very talented also.  He started doing wood carvings a little later into his retirement.  All kinds of animals, birds, ducks.  The photo below is my grandmothers favourite - the swan.

My grandfather was also a basement dwelling crafter (hehe - something in common) he moved his workshop to his unfinished portion of the basement during the winter months as the garage got a little cold for him.











I apologize for my absence and I'll be getting caught up over the next couple of days.  I took some time to be with my family and help by grandmother out in Barrie.

Happy Papercrafting!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment