Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentines Easel Card

I bought this new Magnolia stamp yesterday and just had to ink her up right away. I thought she would be perfect for Valentines. I also haven't done much coloring lately so I thought I'd try out my Stampin' Up! watercolor crayons.

It was kinda fun, instead of coloring with the crayon and then adding water I used my brush with a little bit of water directly onto the tip of the crayon to pull off some color. This gave me alot more control when it came to shading. The only thing I wasn't too please with was the skin tone. I really like my copic markers when doing skin.

I've done one or two easel cards before but this time I added more layers and pretty big flowers. Don't know how it would fit in an envelope but finished it looks pretty nice.

I added a little bit of bling and a Happy Valentines Day stamp to finish it off. More layers is definately one of my other resolutions for this year. Use it all and layer, layer, layer.




Here's a side view for you. Hope you enjoyed.

Happy Stamping!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment