Saturday, February 4, 2012

Getting Back on Track

I've been working on a couple of things and taking pictures as I go along but of course not following through and downloading the pictures to share with you.  So I'm going to try and get back on track...


 First is some Valentines treat boxes for my kids.  I've been hanging onto these metal mailboxes from Targets Dollar Spot for a couple of years now and finally decided to pull them out - wait till you see the finished mailboxes - their hiding from the kids right now so I'll have to pull them out to take pictures.
 Next we had Madison's 10th birthday party and she decided that she wanted to have a cupcake party.  So out came the Cricut and wow was that fun.  We did all the layers and then doubled up on the purple shadow in order to make it into a card.  The cherries are covered in crystal accents and you can't really see it but Madison lined all the pink frosting in Studio G glitter glue.  Madison was in charge of the cute pink cheeks with white dot accents.


The next pictures are for Paper Secrets.  I joined this forum last year to help get some inspiration and pretty much forgot about it.  But keep getting emails letting me know what's going on, so when I got the email inviting me to join "Scrap Your Ass off Two" I said why not!

A challenge is given every wednesday for a layout with a twist and you have 7 days to complete and post it in the gallery.  If you make the deadline you get to compete the next week and it keeps going on until there is only one person left standing - that person gets a gift certificate for Paper Secrets. 

This weeks challenge was the following layout and then for the twist you had to pick 4 embellishments and 1 technique from the list provided.  I chose flowers, buttons, twine and chipboard for my embellishments and added some stamping to a tag for technique.  I really loved the layout but my pictures were pretty big for it.


Here's my completed layout...


 Here's a close up of the tag - I used a folded over spellbinders label.  The tag beside is a mini chipboard tag from Maya Road that I painted with acrylic paint and then heated with my heating gun to get it to bubble and crack, I really love that affect, and then I brushed it with some brown ink to make it look even older.  Love the little birdie charm from Tim Holtz.

This one has two different mini tags also from Maya Road, one canvas tag and one chipboard banner which I sprayed with Glimmer Mist, love the sparkle.

I kept everything pretty simple but really love how it came out and I used alot of stuff that I've been hanging onto in my stash. 
I think this challenge will help me keep the mojo going.

Stay tuned for the finished mailboxes and hopefully a new video of a super cute baby album that I'm working on.

Happy Stamping!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment