Wednesday, November 14, 2012

First of the Christmas Cards

I finally finished a couple of Christmas cards that I've been working on for a little bit.  The images are from Pink Gem Studios - they were some that my mom had stamped and given to me last year so they've been hanging around a bit :-)

I finally pulled out my Spectrum Noir Markers and started to colour.  I chose my colours by picking the paper first, which was a little 6x6 pad of Snow Day by Crate Paper - they happened to get some in at Home Sense (so I bought two).

Here is the inside of the first card.  I used my new Spellbinders die from page maps - Jar Labels (also purchased at Home Sense).  I added a little bit of lace trim from Hobby Lobby and a beautiful white glittered poinsettia from Michaels $1.50 bin.  Oh and the sentiment is from Paper Smooches.
And here is the second one - also from Pink Gem Studios - I really love how their hair turned out, love love love my Spectrum Noir Markers.  This one I added in some of my new trim from Mary Maxim and a little bit of rose trim from Crafts 2000.  The dies in this one were from the same Spellbinders set - Jar Labels.

I did add some mulberry paper in the background that had silver embossed dots on it, for something a little different and sparkly.
Well hope you enjoy.  I have a couple other ones that I'm working on with some different images and traditional reds and greens.  So many ideas but so little time!

Happy Paper Crafting!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment