Friday, June 1, 2012

Color Me Scrappy - Challenge Day


Well today starts a new challenge over at Color Me Scrappy and if you are a neutral scrapper then this one is for you.




I'm not to keen on all neutral scrapping, I always seem to have some color in my layouts so this was a true challenge for me.  I decided to pull out a new stamp that I purchased in Buffalo at CKC last month.  It is a really cool medallion flower that you stamp on different papers and fussy cut into different layers.  Each time you use it you get a different effect by using different colors or choosing different layers to cut.




I chose four different patterned papers in the neutral colors and stamped the flower a couple of times.  I then chose what order to layer them and cut out each section.  To add a little bit of dimension I shaded with my spectrum noir markers.

I then glued some layers directly onto each other and some layers were attached with foam dots (which I bought in black this time - yes it does make a difference, you can't even tell they are there).

I topped them off with a rhinestone flower which I colored in with my markers.  I bought a whole bucket of these at Hobby Lobby - great purchase!




When I saw that I had the spotted feathers in my stash I just knew I had to add some.  And the die cut fence was something I acquired from a visit to my mothers house (Thanks Judy ;-)

I really love how the flowers turned out and will definitely make more, can you image these in bright colors!!

Well here is the final layout - another picture from Vegas but it was neutral and that's what I was going for.

Head on over to Color Me Scrappy and get your layout in.  There's a great prize up for grabs.


Happy Papercrafting!
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. the photo and your flowers are stunning!!! I love the addition of the feathers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah your layout is just perfect, this colors combo was very very challenge for me, sincee I am not an "into the earth tones" person

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is fabulous! I love the simplicity, but how well it higlights the phot!

    ReplyDelete