Thursday, September 5, 2013

Altered Pocket Watch

I told you I love Halloween and I've already finished another project.  I wanted to use another of my Saturated Canary images that I purchased - fly girl - and the original ones that I printed were pretty big so I decided to make a Halloween decoration for my house.

I picked this Want2Scrap chipboard pocket watch from the steampunk album kit.  It's an old one that I've been hanging onto in my stash.  I started off by covering it with some patterned paper and distressing the edges with Black Soot distress ink.  I then mixed up some texture paste with glimmer mist to get a light lavender colour.  I love the way this turned out.  And used my new Crafters Workshop template - Aspen Trees.

 Here is a close up before I did anything else too it - the trees are so cool and spooky at the same time.  I also used my palette knife to soften the edges and spread some texture paste around the whole project.  After it had dried I sprayed some orange glimmer mist and splattered black, orange and purple all over.


She is so super cute.  Just had to finish it off with some flowers and leaves from I am Roses and a little bit of bling.

Check out the video here.

Happy Paper Crafting!
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......Nice post Dude keep it up.

    ReplyDelete