Saturday, December 1, 2012

Altered House

 Here is another christmas present I made for this year.  It is a paper mache box that I have had in my stash for a couple of years - I believe that I bought them at Hobby Lobby.

I covered all of the sides with glittered pattern paper from My Minds Eye, one of last years christmas pads.  On the edges I distress with my paper distresser, Tim Holtz distress ink and layered with cheesecloth. 


The roof has some lace on the top edges covered with snow.  The slow is glitter snow from Michaels that I had from my days of painting ceramics.  The whole lid is layered with gold ribbon (from Home Sense) and braided trim (from Crafts 2000).  And of course the christmas lights - one of my stash items that my mom gave me.
 The wreaths on the edges were made with wired pine boughs that I found at the dollar store, wrapped with beaded trim from Walmart in the US (one of last years purchases).
 And of course the roses are my new ones from I am roses, I antiqued them with distress ink and layered with some resin roses from Recollections and gold holly leaves from my stash.
Once everything was done and on the house I went around with the snow and put some everyone. 

Really love the way it turned out.  Very elegant.  You can check out the YouTube video HERE.

This is a special gift for one of my very talented crafty friends - Judy.  Her cards are very amazing and she provides so much inspiration to many of people.  You can find her great cards and classes at Scrappin Great Deals in Kilworth.


Happy Paper Crafting!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment