Monday, April 30, 2012

SYAO Week 13

Yes I'm here with another week and you'll notice that I'm one day early - Procrastinator Sarah is on a role.
Week 13 had a very simple yet elegant layout - I really liked the line of photos all across and remember having some pictures that I took of flowers that were already cut in similar sizes.
 Here the list of embellishments...
fabric or felt
ribbon
photo corners/anchors
3+ flowers
chip-board
3+ patterned papers
transparency
metal embellishment/hardware

And Techniques...
punches (border/corner)
acrylic paint (stamped-brushed-stencil...your choice of application)
distressing
embossing (dry or heat)

So for this one I had these really cute embossed felt flowers that I've been hanging onto and color was perfect with the flowers in the photo - I know you can't really tell here - too much of a hurry to take the pictures and it's late and dark - I used the bathroom cause I thought it was the brightest - nope!!

Photoshop helped but not much.  You gotta see this in person - so very nice.

So my next embellishment was the easy part ribbon and a metal paper-clip.  Then I decided to take one of my chipboard shapes from Maya Road and cut it in half - one for the top and one for the bottom.  I sprayed them with Glimmer Mist and then heat embossed - yes, that was my technique I used - butterflies and the saying.  I had to add a single rhinestone to cover up the hole that was on the chipboard.















Here's my final layout - like I said the color was off from the photo but it is really gorgeous in person and the chipboard shimmers.  Did I mention that I actually used heat embossing as my technique and not my fail safe - distressing!  :-)






Well stay tuned, tomorrow is Challenge #3 from Color Me Scrappy and I have some other little treats that I have been working on that I can't wait to share with you this week.  Maybe even another video!

Happy Papercrafting!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment